A SUMMER'S GLANCE
The countdown to another school year has officially begun. Last week, Jaylen kicked off her sophomore year while Kory started 7th grade. Over the summer, our family was able to take a trip to Cancun for our vacation. We were so grateful to provide the kids with their first international travel experience. Besides getting plenty of sun and spending time in the beautiful Gulf of Mexico, we were also able to experience snorkeling, ziplining, and jet skiing.
Shortly following our trip, Jaylen began preparing for her high school volleyball season as her team practiced for 4 weeks leading up to the start of school. Meanwhile, Kory was able to participate in a one week long basketball camp at UCLA, which he thoroughly enjoyed.
Now that summer is over and the school year is finally upon us, I can honestly say we are all thrilled to get back to having a more structured weekly routine.
| Enjoying our final night together in Cancun on 7/11. |
| Kory's 6th grade graduation ceremony on 6/6. |
| All smiles & thumbs after finally getting her driver's permit. |
ME-TREAT
About twice a year, (early January and in September), I usually go away for a couple days to ponder, plan, and pray about upcoming personal, family, and ministry matters. Being the introvert that I am, I found a nice quiet spot less than hour away from our home. This hotel has served me quite well over the past couple years I've been making these trips. I'm so grateful to Jenny and the kids for allowing me the space to refresh my soul a bit. I look forward to making this trip again this coming week. Please pray the Lord ministers to me during this time away.
TALBOT LIFE
Last week, I resumed my studies at Talbot School of Theology. I'm just 4 semesters away from earning my Master's degree in Pastoral Care & Counseling. One of the requirements I have over the next few months is to meet with a professional counselor for a minimum of 10 sessions. Before wearing the hat of a "counselor", I must first learn what its like to be a "counselee". I'm anxiously excited about going through this process.
Also this semester, I am taking a counseling class on "Shame & Guilt". It should be a pretty interesting semester of learning.
WOMEN'S SOCCER MINISTRY
Jenny and I absolutely love being around this group of young women and serving them as chaplains. Before every home game, we provide the team with a pre-game chapel service where we spend 20 minutes sharing in God's Word together. We have been amazed thus far by the attendance seeing an average of 9 to 10 players showing up for each session. There is an obvious spiritual hunger among this group that's been fun to be around. In fact, Jenny has already met 1-on-1 with a few of these ladies who have asked to connect more with her outside of these chapel times.
From the soccer end of things, they has been really fun to watch. Currently undefeated and ranked as the #1 team in the nation, this team seems poised to make another run for a National Championship.
![]() |
| From their road trip this week in Utah. |
FOOTBALL CHAPLAINCY
My ministry with the football team is coming along nicely. Since the beginning of August, we have held 3 Sunday morning chapel services for the guys. We have seen at least a dozen guys showing up for each of these sessions. I had the privilege of leading 2 of the 3 sessions and will do so again prior to their game against Hawaii on September 9th. The team could really use a few strong spiritual leaders and it is our hope to identify and encourage these young men to stand strong in the Lord as they navigate their way through their collegiate years.




I enjoy reading your ministry report. You and Jenny keep up the good work. I am proud of both of you.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Betsy Mom Grandma