Monday, March 7, 2016

LEAPS AND BOUNDS


FAMILY UPDATE

Jaylen's club volleyball season is in full-swing and keeps us on the go.  All I can say, is "thank goodness for carpools".  Jaylen continues to enjoy her involvement in this sport and the relationships she has developed along the way.  Recently, she & Jenny traveled out to Salt Lake City, Utah for one of a few tournaments they will be playing out-of-state.  In addition to her volleyball involvement, Jaylen has been thriving in her new school.  We are grateful for this, as change is never easy, but Jaylen seems to have adjusted much better than we anticipated.


Jaylen's first tournament action of the year on January 10th.


Kory is also doing well in school.  In his final year of elementary, we are seeing him become much more self-sufficient in his studies.  Back in January, he was selected to represent his 5th grade class in a regional spelling bee.  This was his 3rd time in this competition and advanced further than he did in his previous two attempts, which was encouraging.  In just a few weeks, he & I will be headed off to his "Outdoor Adventure" class field trip, which I will be helping to chaperone.  (For those of you who know me well, you know I'm taking this one for the team, as I'm not much of an outdoors man. LOL!  Should be an interesting few days away.)


Kory representing his school at the ACSI Regional Spelling Bee on January 15th.


UCLA MINISTRY

After several months of intense training, the UCLA beach volleyball team officially started it's season this past weekend..  They finished the weekend 2-2, winning against two higher ranked opponents (Long Beach State & Hawaii), while losing to two of the top teams in the nation. (USC & Pepperdine)




Coach Jenny on a cold and windy day in Malibu on March 6th.


Jenny speaking at our BVL weekly fellowship on January 26th.


MAN2MAN MINISTRY

Over the past several months, I have enjoyed meeting weekly with our entire men's basketball coaching staff for a time of bible study, fellowship, and prayer.  Since October, we have studied through the Sermon on the Mount in the book of Matthew and most recently, have been taking a closer look at the life of the Apostle Paul.  Though this past basketball season hasn't gone as desired in regards to the scoreboard, it has been exciting for me to get to know these men on a much more personal level.  I know these men are strongly committed to bringing glory to God, no matter the circumstance.  Please continue to pray for them as they seek to holistically develop the men under their care both on and off the court.


TALBOT STUDIES

In addition to my time spent at UCLA, I am also continuing my work towards my Masters degree at Talbot Seminary.  As I did last semester, I am currently enrolled in two classes; a theology class and a writing/research class. Though challenging in many ways, I have been enjoying these classes thus far and will continue to be immersed in them until the end of May.


WOMEN'S BASKETBALL

The Lady Bruins have enjoyed an awesome season thus far.  After finishing the regular season with a 22-7 record, they finished 2nd in the Pac-12 Conference tournament this past weekend.  In just a couple weeks, they will begin their quest for the NCAA title.  Off the court, Jenny and I were encouraged to see 4 new girls show up to attend their very first pre-game chapel. These optional 15 minute sessions are made available before every game.  We are grateful for each opportunity we get to spiritually invest in the lives of these young ladies and are encouraged to see their hunger and thirst for God's Word.  




We appreciate your faithful support of our ministry.  Thank you for 'standing in the gap' and blessing us with your prayers and/or financial giving.  May God continue to bless the work of your hands!






No comments:

Post a Comment